T SoM: The heart of your asset tracking solution
T SoM is a powerful, configurable, and extensible IoT System-on-Module (SoM) that provides a MCU, GNSS, and advanced peripherals in a compact form factor. T SoM works out-of-the-box with the Particle Tracking Services software suite that provides location, configuration, and edge application services to all Particle Tracker devices. Together, T SoM and Particle Tracking Services provide an accelerated starting point to organizations that require a tailored tracking solution for sophisticated applications as well as a fully-certified foundation for original equipment manufacturers developing commercial products.
- T SoM
- Cellular Antenna (ANTCW2EA)
- Highly-reliable cellular connectivity with LTE CAT 1 connectivity for EMEAA deployments with 3G and 2G fallback
- GNSS (GPS) with onboard dead-reckoning
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM in SoC
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) and encryption functions
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- Wi-Fi location with SSID scanning for third-party Wi-Fi location services
- PMIC & Fuel Gauge: integrated power management, LiPo charger, and battery connector
- Onboard, integrated CAN Bus controller and transceiver for fleet management and micromobility applications
- I/O Expander: 1 x SPI, 1 x I2C, 1 x UART, and up to 6 x GPIO available
- USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- GNSS clock and battery-backed RTC clock
- Integrated Watch-Dog Timer for whole system reset should a user application require it
- JTAG (SWD) pins
- Support for external RGB status LED
- Support for external Reset and Mode buttons
- On-module MFF2 Particle SIM
- Bluetooth chip antenna on module, switchable to use U.FL connector in software.
- Five on-module U.FL connectors for cellular, GNSS, BLE, Wi-Fi, and alternative GNSS.
- Castellated module designed to be reflow soldered to your own custom base board, or pre-populated on a Particle Evaluation Board or Carrier Board.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently asked questions
What is Particle & do I need a device to use Particle's platform?
Particle is the leading integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service for developers and enterprises to build world-class intelligent connected products. Our devices serve as the entry point to our platform as they are pre-integrated with the full capabilities of Particle PaaS.
What kinds of projects can I build with Particle?
Particle’s platform enables IoT projects with broadly diverse use cases by providing the foundational technology for standard IoT connectivity, with the ability to customize hardware and software interfaces, and workflows, to your unique project or product needs. From tracking the location of your moving asset, to monitoring equipment to reduce your maintenance costs, to measuring air quality to meet regulatory standards, and nearly any other use case you can imagine, Particle unlocks the promise of IoT for any use case.
Which kit is the best for me / how do I choose?
Particle’s portfolio of devices supports a wide range of connectivity options, form factors, and peripherals, all with the same common architecture and software platform. You can choose the most appropriate device by reviewing your use case requirements, and stage of development.
If you need further assistance, reach out to us to discover how Particle devices can support your project.
Can I buy Particle’s devices in bulk?
Yes, all of our modules and antennas can be purchased in bulk on the wholesale store.
Where can I find resources to learn more about my devices?
Trusted by 8500+ industry titans and disrupters
Our customers work to accomplish amazing things every day.
We empower them to make it possible.