Please note the Grove Starter Kit does not include a Particle development board. You will need to purchase an Argon or Boron to accompany this kit.
The Starter Kit is designed to make your first exploration into the world of sensing and actuating a breeze. The kit comes with seven different components that work out-of-the-box with Particle hardware and let you focus on learning the basics. Working with Starter Kit requires no soldering and minimal wiring. Simply connect the kit’s Grove Shield (the new co-developed FeatherWing adapter from Particle and Grove) to your Particle board and use the included cables to connect the adapter and the sensors and actuators that you want to use. It’s a plug-and-play experience.This kit includes:
- 1x Grove Shield
- 1x Button
- 1x Rotary Angle Sensor
- 1x Ultrasonic Ranger
- 1x Temp&Humi Sensor
- 1x Light Sensor v1.2
- 1x Chainable RGB LED
- 1x Buzzer
- 1x 4-Digit Display
- Grove Shield - Plug and play your Argon or Boron in the FeatherWing form factor; includes Grove connectors (3 Digital, 2 analog, 2 I2C_1, 1 UART)
- Button - A momentary push button that uses Standard 4-pin Grove Cables to connect to other Grove modules
- Rotary Angle Sensor - Also known as a ‘potentiometer’, this sensor produces analog output between 0 and Vcc
- Ultrasonic Ranger - A non-contact distance measurement module working at 40KHz
- Temp&Humi Sensor - Highly reliable and integrated temperature and humidity sensor
- Light Sensor v1.2 - Integrates a photo-resistor to detect light intensity and can be used to build a light controlled switch
- Chainable RGB LED - Full-color LED driver with 3 constant-current drivers as well as modulated output of 256 shades of gray
- Buzzer - Easy to use piezoelectric buzzer with a sound output of >85dB
- 4-Digit Display - Red alpha-numeric display with 8 adjustable luminance levels
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently asked questions
What is Particle & do I need a device to use Particle's platform?
Particle is the leading integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service for developers and enterprises to build world-class intelligent connected products. Our devices serve as the entry point to our platform as they are pre-integrated with the full capabilities of Particle PaaS.
What kinds of projects can I build with Particle?
Particle’s platform enables IoT projects with broadly diverse use cases by providing the foundational technology for standard IoT connectivity, with the ability to customize hardware and software interfaces, and workflows, to your unique project or product needs. From tracking the location of your moving asset, to monitoring equipment to reduce your maintenance costs, to measuring air quality to meet regulatory standards, and nearly any other use case you can imagine, Particle unlocks the promise of IoT for any use case.
Which kit is the best for me / how do I choose?
Particle’s portfolio of devices supports a wide range of connectivity options, form factors, and peripherals, all with the same common architecture and software platform. You can choose the most appropriate device by reviewing your use case requirements, and stage of development.
If you need further assistance, reach out to us to discover how Particle devices can support your project.
Can I buy Particle’s devices in bulk?
Yes, all of our modules and antennas can be purchased in bulk on the wholesale store.
Where can I find resources to learn more about my devices?
Trusted by 8500+ industry titans and disrupters
Our customers work to accomplish amazing things every day.
We empower them to make it possible.