The Electron 2G Kit is a tiny development kit for creating cellular-connected electronics projects and products. It comes with a Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud is a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet.Access to the Device Cloud includes:
- 3MB of cellular data per device/mo (additional data $0.40/MB for most countries)
- First 3 months of Device Cloud FREE ($2.99 per device/mo after)
- Device Cloud Features:
- Device Management
- Over the Air Firmware Updates
- Fully Managed Connectivity
- Developer Tools
- Particle Electron PCB
- Particle SIM Card
- Li-Po battery
- Taoglas Cellular Antenna
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- Components for a sample product
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: u-blox SARA G-series (2G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
- North America (limited timeline)
- South America
2G coverage will now exist in the United States until 2020 through T-Mobile. For T-Mobile's coverage map, click here.
Please note that the Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. Many global carriers are planning to sunset their 2G networks beginning as soon as late 2016 and early 2017, so please confirm continued 2G service with your local carrier. We recommend 3G Electrons for anyone concerned about long-term cellular support in their home country. 2G Electrons will not work in Japan, where 2G networks have already been discontinued.
*Continent compatibility is simplified and exceptions exist. Please be sure to check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.
Are you ready to start prototyping with the newest hardware from Particle? Learn more about our next generation developer kits here.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.