It is recommended that buyers of this impacted SKU migrate to our new Supply Secure B404X LTE SoM (B404XMEA). This migration will require minimal hardware and firmware changes, as this new SKU is API, footprint, and electrically compatible with existing B SoM designs.
Buy this hardware and start building with Particle's Free Plan which includes support for up to 100 devices, cellular data, and fully-featured platform access with no time limit.
The B SoM System-on-a-Module (SoM) can act as a standalone cellular endpoint. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 micro-controller.
The B SoM is designed to be integrated into your circuit board design, plugging a M.2 NGFF connector on your board, allowing the module to be changed or upgraded easily.
The B402 module supports LTE M1 connectivity.
- u-blox SARA-R410-02B LTE modem (Boron LTE)
- LTE CAT M1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)
- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Cat M1 bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20, 28
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-module additional 4MB SPI flash
- 24 mixed signal GPIO (8 x Analog, 4 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- JTAG (SWD) pins
- RGB status pins for LED
- Reset and Mode pins for buttons
- On-module MFF2 Particle SIM
- Two on-module U.FL connectors for external antennas
- M.2 interface
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- B402 SoM
- Cellular antenna (ANTCW2EA)
- Bluetooth antenna (ANT-FLXV2)
- MFF2 SMD Particle SIM
The B402 SoM includes a MFF2 SMD Particle SIM. It can only be used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico at this time. A list of supported carriers can be found here. It cannot be used with a 3rd-party SIM card.
The optional SoM evaluation board pictured below is not included and must be purchased separately if desired.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently asked questions
What is Particle & do I need a device to use Particle's platform?
Particle is the leading integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service for developers and enterprises to build world-class intelligent connected products. Our devices serve as the entry point to our platform as they are pre-integrated with the full capabilities of Particle PaaS.
What kinds of projects can I build with Particle?
Particle’s platform enables IoT projects with broadly diverse use cases by providing the foundational technology for standard IoT connectivity, with the ability to customize hardware and software interfaces, and workflows, to your unique project or product needs. From tracking the location of your moving asset, to monitoring equipment to reduce your maintenance costs, to measuring air quality to meet regulatory standards, and nearly any other use case you can imagine, Particle unlocks the promise of IoT for any use case.
Which kit is the best for me / how do I choose?
Particle’s portfolio of devices supports a wide range of connectivity options, form factors, and peripherals, all with the same common architecture and software platform. You can choose the most appropriate device by reviewing your use case requirements, and stage of development.
If you need further assistance, reach out to us to discover how Particle devices can support your project.
Can I buy Particle’s devices in bulk?
Yes, all of our modules and antennas can be purchased in bulk on the wholesale store.
Where can I find resources to learn more about my devices?
Trusted by 8500+ industry titans and disrupters
Our customers work to accomplish amazing things every day.
We empower them to make it possible.