Disclaimer: This hardware SKU has been discontinued due to lack of availability of critical components driven by the ongoing global silicon shortage crisis. We will not make more once we sell out. For more details, visit our product discontinuation notification.
It is recommended that buyers of this impacted SKU migrate to our Supply Secure Photon 2. This migration will require minimal hardware and firmware changes, as this new SKU is API compatible with both the Photon and Argon, as well as footprint compatible with the Argon.
For more details, review our Supply Secure blog post.
The Argon is a powerful Wi-Fi enabled development kit that can act as a standalone Wi-Fi endpoint. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 and has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Po and deploy your local network in minutes.
The Argon is great for connecting projects or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints. It's everything you love about the Photon, with more features like Bluetooth.
- Argon development board
- Mini breadboard
- 2.4GHz flex antenna (ANT-FLXV2)
- USB cable
- Starter project includes two resistors (220 ohm), one red LED, and one photodiode
- Espressif ESP32-D0WD 2.4G Wi-Fi coprocessorOn-board 4MB flash for ESP32802.11 b/g/n support802.11 n (2.4 GHz), up to 150 Mbps
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoCARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz1MB flash, 256KB RAMIEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 KbpsBluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 KbpsSupports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculationsARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security moduleUp to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 4MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- On-board 2.4GHz PCB antenna for Thread/BLE (does not support Wi-Fi)
- Two U.FL connectors for external antennas (one for Thread/BLE, another for Wi-Fi)
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC, CE, and IC certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently asked questions
What is Particle & do I need a device to use Particle's platform?
Particle is the leading integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service for developers and enterprises to build world-class intelligent connected products. Our devices serve as the entry point to our platform as they are pre-integrated with the full capabilities of Particle PaaS.
What kinds of projects can I build with Particle?
Particle’s platform enables IoT projects with broadly diverse use cases by providing the foundational technology for standard IoT connectivity, with the ability to customize hardware and software interfaces, and workflows, to your unique project or product needs. From tracking the location of your moving asset, to monitoring equipment to reduce your maintenance costs, to measuring air quality to meet regulatory standards, and nearly any other use case you can imagine, Particle unlocks the promise of IoT for any use case.
Which kit is the best for me / how do I choose?
Particle’s portfolio of devices supports a wide range of connectivity options, form factors, and peripherals, all with the same common architecture and software platform. You can choose the most appropriate device by reviewing your use case requirements, and stage of development.
If you need further assistance, reach out to us to discover how Particle devices can support your project.
Can I buy Particle’s devices in bulk?
Yes, all of our modules and antennas can be purchased in bulk on the wholesale store.
Where can I find resources to learn more about my devices?
Trusted by 8500+ industry titans and disrupters
Our customers work to accomplish amazing things every day.
We empower them to make it possible.