The B Series System-on-a-Module (SoM) can act as a standalone cellular endpoint. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 micro-controller.
The B Series is designed to be integrated into your circuit board design, plugging a M.2 NGFF connector on your board, allowing the module to be changed or upgraded easily.
The B402 module supports LTE M1 connectivity.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud is a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet.
Access to the Device Cloud includes:
- 3MB of cellular data per device/mo (additional data $0.40/MB for most countries)
- First 3 months of Device Cloud FREE ($2.99 per device/mo after)
- Device Cloud Features:
-Over the Air Firmware Updates
-Fully Managed Connectivity
- u-blox SARA-R410-02B LTE modem (Boron LTE)
- LTE CAT M1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)
- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Cat M1 bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20, 28
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-module additional 4MB SPI flash
- 24 mixed signal GPIO (8 x Analog, 4 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- JTAG (SWD) pins
- RGB status pins for LED
- Reset and Mode pins for buttons
- On-module MFF2 Particle SIM
- Two on-module U.FL connectors for external antennas
- M.2 interface
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- B402 SoM
- Cellular antenna
- Bluetooth antenna
- MFF2 SMD Particle SIM
The B402 SoM includes a MFF2 SMD Particle SIM. It can only be used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico at this time. A list of supported carriers can be found here. It cannot be used with a 3rd-party SIM card.
The optional SoM evaluation board pictured below is not included and must be purchased separately if desired.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.