This product is powered by EtherSIM, Particle's new globally available, self-optimizing SIM with no data plans or device fees.
Buy this hardware and start building with Particle's Free Plan which includes support for up to 100 devices, cellular data, and fully-featured platform access with no time limit.
Live in the United States? Check out the Boron LTE. See the cellular FAQ for 2G/3G country availability.
The Boron GSM is a powerful 2G/3G enabled development kit that can act as a standalone cellular endpoint . It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 and has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Po and deploy your local network in minutes.
The Boron is great for connecting projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints where Wi-Fi is missing or unreliable. It's everything you love about the Electron, with more features like Bluetooth.
- Boron 2G/3G development board (On-board SIM, no card necessary)
- Mini breadboard
- Cellular flex antenna
- 1800mAh Li-Po battery
- USB cable
- Starter project includes two resistors (220 ohm), one red LED, and one photodiode
- u-blox SARA U201 2G/3G modem
-HSPA/GSMqq with global hardware and SIM support
-3GPP Release 7
-Bands 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
-ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
-1MB flash, 256KB RAM
-IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
-Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
-Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
-ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
-Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- On-board additional 4MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- Dual SIM support: Nano 4FF and MFF2
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.