Buy this hardware and start building with Particle's Free Plan which includes support for up to 100 devices, cellular data, and fully-featured platform access with no time limit.
The E Series Evaluation Kit is the best way to get started with the E Series, Particle’s product family of industrialized cellular IoT modules. The Evaluation Kit includes an E Series Evaluation Board with your choice of 2G/3G or LTE connectivity, a sample IoT sensor (temperature), and all the cellular accessories you need to build your first industrial-grade proof-of-concept on the Particle platform.
E Series Product Features
Particle’s E Series is a family of production-grade 2G, 3G, and LTE-enabled hardware that vastly reduces the cost and complexity of deploying cellular-connected IoT solutions at scale.
All E Series modules include the following features:
- Embedded SIM card, which resists vibration, corrosion, and mechanical failure
- Surface-mountable design, for PCB assembly in mass-production
- Industrial temperature range from -40 to 85C for deployment in hostile environments
- Pinout with support for 2G, 3G, LTE M1
- Fully certified design virtually eliminating the cost and complexity of RF and carrier compliance
- Built-in compatibility with Particle's development tools, messaging platform, and device management console
E Series Evaluation Board Features
The E Series Evaluation Kit contains a breakout board which provides easy access to all the pins and peripherals available on all E Series module variants. The Evaluation Board includes:
- Physical USB access for flashing and serial communications
- Li-Po battery connector for connecting external batteries
- Power barrel jack connector for external power
- MODE and RESET buttons
- Charge and status LEDs to appreciate device state at a glance
The 2G/3G E Series Evaluation board contains a soldered E310 module, which supports worldwide 2G and 3G connectivity and can be configured into a 2G only mode.
The LTE E Series Evaluation board contains a soldered E402 module, which supports LTE M1 connectivity.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud is a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet.
Access to the Device Cloud includes:
- 3MB of cellular data per device/mo (additional data $0.40/MB for most countries)
- First 3 months of Device Cloud FREE ($2.99 per device/mo after)
- Device Cloud Features:
-Over the Air Firmware Updates
-Fully Managed Connectivity
- E310 (2G/3G) or E402 (LTE) module mounted on an evaluation board
- Li-Po battery
- Taoglas Penta-band Cellular Antenna (u.FL)
- SMA to u.FL adapter for connecting external SMA antennas
- Grove temperature sensor
- USB Micro cable
- Pinout reference card
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: u-blox SARA U-series (3G Global with 2G fallback / LTE)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 36mm x 43mm
Continent compatibility is simplified and exceptions exist. Please be sure to check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.