This product is powered by EtherSIM, Particle's new globally available, self-optimizing SIM with no data plans or device fees. This model is supported in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
Buy this hardware and start building with Particle's Free Plan which includes support for up to 100 devices, cellular data, and fully-featured platform access with no time limit.
The B524 SoM is a new LTE-ready SoM to support global cellular IoT deployments around the World. The B524 is built on LTE-CAT 1, a globally available and mature LTE technology designed specifically for IoT devices with 50% the power consumption of 3G. In addition to LTE-CAT 1, the B524 also comes equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 and full 2G/3G fallback, making it an ideal solution for navigating increasingly disruptive 2G/3G network sunset initiatives.
The B524 features the same M.2 form factor as the rest of Particle’s B Series SoMs (like the B402) and comes with a full set of regulatory and industry certifications to dramatically accelerate time to market. The B524 has GA support for Europe today with support for additional international geographies coming later this year.
Product Key Features
- Quectel EG91-E modem
- LTE category 1 module for EMEAA region
- 3GPP E-UTRA Release 13
- Cat 1 bands supported: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28A
- Support for Europe only at this time
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-module additional 8MB SPI flash
- 24 mixed signal GPIO (8 x Analog, 4 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- JTAG (SWD) pins
- RGB status pins for LED
- Reset and Mode pins for buttons
- On-module MFF2 Particle SIM
- Two on-module U.FL connectors for external antennas
- M.2 interface
- CE certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
The B Series is designed to be integrated into your circuit board design, plugging a M.2 NGFF connector on your board, allowing the module to be changed or upgraded easily.
The B524 works with our existing M.2 SoM Evaluation Board.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.